How we do it
From Initial correspondence to the delivery of your Custom Crate Engine…..
- Call or email us with engine Powerplant your looking for, providing the basic details – Year, Make, Model, current engine, what engine and HP level interested in.
- Our sales techs determine what application would work best. We run through specific details – Type of Trans?, Accessories being run – A/C, P/S or none. Carbureted or EFI? Use of car or truck – Street only or perhaps Street / Strip? Etc.
- Details and price are discussed and followed up with an email for those that need a more customized breakdown.
- Once pricing and terms are agreed upon, our team then walks you through the rest of the ordering process. Discussing color options, delivery time, special addendum’s to your order and any other recommendations deemed necessary.
- An email confirmation of your order is sent. It entails details like Color of Block, Ignition wires, Add-ons, Pulleys included, Bill to, Ship to, ETA of delivery etc. This extra step we take assures your order is exactly what was discussed and there is no confusion on both sides.
- Internally we create a Bill of Materials and customize to the pending order.
- Special order items that are specific to your order. Billet Pulleys, Polished Items, special oil pans, Dress up Parts etc.
- After everything is checked in, we start with the final assembly of your engine .
During this process several emails are sent that provides installation advice, progress photos of your engine are sent to you as well.
- Final testing and tuning of your engine is completed we record all vital readings – Oil pressure, Temperature, timing, inspection of leaks – Oil, water and Fuel are documented and verified. Nothing leaves our warehouse unless it’s 100%. We have found many parts right out of the box to have some flaws which we correct beforehand.
- Video footage is taken and a DVD is provided with your engine Delivery.
- Engine is crated. We use custom made Steel mounting plates to secure engine to a heavy duty pallet. It’s Stretch wrapped , Boxes and Styrofoam are used for added protection.
- Engine is shipped with a Lift-gate Truck to your Home or Business. A tracking # is emailed that gives you an indication of arrival Time.
This is the same procedure we do for each and every Ready to run engine that leaves our warehouse. Engine Factory ships worldwide so they need to be right! Obviously there is a lot of time and effort that goes into each Engine Order. The end result is an easy to install, Ready to run Engine. Please Browse through our website, were constantly updating it with new photos, technical articles, videos and New Engine Packages. We hope to earn your business – One engine at a time.
Engine Factory Inc. USA